How To Renew LAUNCH X431 EV/HD Renewal Card After It Expires

Question: I want to enable EV diagnostics on my LAUNCH X431 PAD7 ELITE, so I purchased the X431 EV Diagnostic Upgrade Kit and linked it to the PAD7 ELITE. I understand that the EV Diagnostic Kit comes with a one-year software subscription; if I do not renew it after the year ends, will I still be able to use the EV diagnostic functions?

If I do renew, should I purchase the subscription for the EV diagnostic software or the subscription for the PAD7 ELITE software?

Since I am using a renewal card, do I use the PAD7 ELITE serial number or the EV Kit activation card number to renew the EV diagnostic software?


Answer:

The EV Diagnostic Kit includes a license for EV diagnostic functions and a one-year software upgrade subscription. The license remains valid after the subscription expires, so you can still use the EV diagnostic functions, though you will not be able to upgrade to newer software versions.

Regarding the second question, the PAD7 ELITE software subscription does not include the EV diagnostic software. If you wish to upgrade to a newer version of the EV diagnostic software, you must purchase a separate subscription for it.

If you have already linked the EV Diagnostic Kit to the PAD7 ELITE, you use the PAD7 ELITE serial number to renew the diagnostic software.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAUNCH X431 PRO ELITE vs PRO3 V+ ELITE: Comparison & Winner

LAUNCH-X431 PRO ELITE Review: Pros & Cons, Worth or Not?

LAUNCH-X431 Creader 3001 Upgrade Operation Guide